Cyber Security Developer
Security breaches usually entail more recovery efforts than acts of God. Unlike proverbial lightning, breaches of security can be counted on to strike twice unless the route of compromise has been shut off.— FedCIRC
- Ryan Fortress
- August 2, 1981
- Goose Creek, SC
Security Developer2013 - Present
Network Security Solutions Plus
- Developed a tool (Phoenix) that replaced ArcSight for the Military Health Systems NSOC and saved the organization over $1.2 million per year.
- Phoenix enabled analysts to quickly obtain information from multiple sources (IDS/IPS, HBSS, OSINT, etc.) and integrated existing tools (Splunk, ticketing, wiki, etc) into a single easy to use interface.
- Increased analyst productivity by 80% and lowered event and incident response time by 70%.
- Enabled analysts to easily communicate each event between shifts with tight nit logging and notification systems.
Cyber Threat Analysis
- Provided support for the ongoing analysis of threats capable of impacting resources being serviced by the NSOC NCD SP activity based on review of programmatic, technical, and daily review of open soruce intelligence (OSINT) as well as classified threat warnings and bulletins.
- Performed daily reviews of cyber threat warnings, bulletins, alerts, and incident reporting documentation and databases produced by the director of National Intelligence (DNI), National Intelligence Council (NIC), Defense intelligence Agency (DIA), National Security Agency (NSA), United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), Joint Task Force Global Network Operations (JTF-GNO), United State Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and US Computer Emergency Response Team (US CERT).
- Coordinate and deconflict threat analysis activities and reporting with existing NSOC IAVM program infrastructure.
GBS Network Technician2009 - 2013
- Ensure our dedicated network meets DOD-CERT IAVA security standards to provide secure downloads for the US ARCENT G2 Intelligence team.
- Install and operate the Global Broadcast System which enables the US ARCENT Command Group and G2 Intelligence/Security to view and analyze UAV feeds from throughout South West Asia.
- Completed over 360 maintenance actions and 12 real world missions to provide over 26,800 hours of secure and non-secure communications capability at 99% availability.
- Troubleshoot satellite, data, and radio networks as well as Linux and Windows systems when any problems occur.
Radio Network Technician2008 - 2009
General Dynamics IT
- Responsibilities include installation, operation and maintenance of tactical satellite radio equipment for the Coalition Forces Land Component Command (CFLCC).
- Network Control Station for six sites which provide a contingency network for all of Third Army's military posts in Kuwait.
- Equipment handled includes AN/PSC 5, ANCD, and Simple Key Loader.
Global Network Services Technician (Level II)2006 - 2008
Global Crossing Communications
- Point-of-contact for all inbound customer maintenance requests for every customer issue or trouble ticket submitted from initial ticket acceptance through closure. Worked on assigned trouble tickets, escalated and followed-up with other departments, carriers, and customers to resolve customer circuit issues. Troubleshot existing voice issues using supplied monitoring tools in order to maintain network reliability.
- Provided second and third level technical support for customer maintenance requests. Provided first level and higher technical support for our most strategic voice customers for both SS7 and VoIP.
- Minimized mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) on all issues to meet departmental goals. Accessed various network devices and systems for trouble isolation, circuit testing, and resolution. Assisted the department in creating documentation for troubleshooting procedures.
Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (Mobilized Reservist)2004 - 2008
United States Army Reserve
- Responsible for the daily operations of the ARCENT (Army Central Command) Command Group. Responsibilities include: escorting congressional delegates, senators, and general officers (including the Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, and over half the congressmen and senators in office at the time); plan and coordinate events such as dinners for distinguished visitors (including President and First Lady Bush).
- Provided support and worked on a daily basis with General Officers including 6 Brigadier Generals, 1 Major General, and 1 Lieutenant General. Quickly learned the skills needed to work with the most demanding and important customers.
- Fully responsible for instruction in multiple communications fields and development of students to include classroom and resource management, student accountability, and testing. Ensures students are able to perform the skills taught in a combat environment under extreme conditions.
- Ft. Gordon and General Dynamics IT accredited/certified instructor in the both 25F and 25C MOSs. Primarily taught Echelons Above Corp switching systems (Node Centers, LEN, 39D) and radio systems (including Singars and AN/PRC 117).
GIAC Certified Incident Handler2012
Global Information Assurance Center
This was taken as part of SANS 504.
Certified Ethical Hacker2011
Windows Server 2008 Active Direcotry, Configuring2011
Certified Internet Web Professional
Web Design Specialist2012
Certified Internet Web Professional
Windows 2008 R2
GBS & DVB/RCS
Some of the certifications I have.